Credit hire litigation continues to flourish and in response the credit hire team at Dere Street Barristers, lead by Ruth Gray, has established an enviable reputation for our legal skills and knowledge in this area.
From pre-litigation advice through to dealing with complex issues of hire at trial we have a team of barristers who are able to provide a wealth and depth of experience.
We act regularly for both Claimants and Defendants in claims ranging in value from the small claims track to the multi-track.
As you would expect, all counsel in this specialist team are thoroughly familiar with and up to date with the case law involved in this area of practice and all members of the team routinely deal with arguments arising out of the following issues:
- Enforceability including Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Cancellation of Contracts…etc. Regulations 2008
- Common law enforceability including ‘late signature’ cases
- Principles of mitigation, ‘need’ and ‘like-for-like’ replacement vehicles
- Lease cars
- ‘Copley’ offers of a replacement vehicle
- Hire by a commercial enterprise with own resources
- Recoverable rate and approach to assessment
- Public policy issues
In addition to the depth of court experience we are proud of our reputation for providing pragmatic oral and written advice to our clients. Our members are accessible to assist with informal queries, if appropriate, and are able to identify the real, most relevant and pertinent issues affecting our clients so that we can work strategically in partnership to bring them to resolution.
For further information or to make a booking please contact one of our civil clerks.