‘He is meticulous in his case preparation. He has excellent judgement. A very fair but tough opponent. An excellent legal mind - a very good case organiser.’ - The Legal 500 2021
Since being called to the Bar David has specialised in Crime and receives Instructions to Defend and Prosecute (Level 4) cases in the Crown Court that are both publically and privately funded.
David regularly advises and appears in cases involving allegations of murder, manslaughter and non-fatal offences against the person including Wounding with Intent, Kidnapping and Child Cruelty.
Other areas of repute include sexual offences including rape and offences committed against children (both historic and contemporary), computer crime including downloading indecent images and fraud, armed robbery, death by dangerous driving and complex conspiracies to defraud and supply drugs.
David has an established reputation as a first rate and thoughtful barrister who is able to identify the salient points in a case with an appropriate order of priority. He is considered to be a highly skilled and experienced jury advocate.
- R-v-PARKIN : (attempted murder of the Defendants infant son by poisoning)
- R-v-FORSTER : (murder)
- R-v-LEE BOWYER and JOHNATHON WOODGATE : (Section 18)
- R-v-CASLING : (principal Defendant in a multi-handed high value drug conspiracy)
- R-v-AFZAL : (money laundering and “spiders web” POCA)
- R-v-LODGE : (principal Defendant in a multi-handed “gang rape”)
- R-v-WALT (The Attempted Murder of a partner by multiple hammer blows)
- R-v-SCOTT (Multiple historic Rapes of step-daughter)
- R-v-BRITTON (Conspiracy to Defraud £200k)
- David is a member of the Criminal Bar Association and the North Eastern Circuit
- University College Cardiff (LLB)
- Inns of Court School of Law
The Legal 500 2021
‘He is meticulous in his case preparation. He has excellent judgement. A very fair but tough opponent. An excellent legal mind – a very good case organiser.’