We are quoted as follows in the Set overview:
‘Dere Street Barristers is ‘an excellent set with very capable and talented counsel’. Its barristers are well known for their crime, family and children law practices. The set also has commercial, employment, personal injury and clinical negligence teams. Kevin Beaumont heads the clerks’ room, where ‘nothing is too much trouble and they often go the extra mile’. Joanne Brown, Neil Gibson, Craig Mead and Steve Walker clerk the regulatory, family, criminal and civil teams respectively.’
– Peter Makepeace QC: Well regarded for serious crime cases.
– Robert Woodcock QC: Experienced in a range of high-end criminal cases.
– John Elvidge QC: Experienced in a range of heavyweight cases.
Leading juniors –North Eastern Circuit – Commercial, banking, insolvency and Chancery law –
– Stephen Fletcher: He is knowledgeable, approachable and applies a commercial approach to cases.
North Eastern Circuit – Crime
– Anne Richardson: She takes the utmost care with each client.
– Julie Clemitson: An experienced advocate.
North Eastern Circuit – Employment
– Edward Legard: Recent experience in complex discrimination and TUPE matters.
– Samuel Healy: A personable barrister and tenacious advocate.
North Eastern Circuit – Family and children law
– Carly Henley: An excellent barrister; bright, persuasive and a strategic thinker with a passion for public law children work.
– Martin Todd: An expert in cases involving significant child abuse.
– Pauline Moulder: An extremely effective and robust advocate.
– Crispin Oliver: He has great attention to detail and is able to come up with creative solutions.