"A real tough cookie." "She's fully committed and always looking out for a unique point to get across." - Chambers and Partners 2019
Karen Lennon is an experienced and skillful practitioner specialising in Family and Civil.
Her family practice is extensive, covering all aspects of family law. She regularly acts in Financial Remedy Proceedings; Schedule 1 Applications, Care and Adoption applications, Private Family Proceedings and Wardship Proceedings under the Children Act 1989.
In the financial arena she is a discerning and creative advocate who grapples easily with cases involving multi assets, complex business accounts, limited and unlimited companies and partnerships.
Karen regular acts for Local Authorities, parents (and other family members) and children (through their Guardian and on their own) as well as having acted for the Official Solicitor in Care and Adoption and private family law disputes including International Children’s cases. She is a formidable advocate with a breadth of experience in serious and complex cases including; Complex Medical and Mental Health Issues, Serious and Multiple Non-Accidental Injuries, Sexual Abuse, Poisoning, Fabricated Illness, Neglect. She has recently been lead in the Court of Appeal.
Her tenacity and professional, yet robust, approach to cases keep her in high demand throughout the North East Circuit.
Her Civil practice compliments her family practice well encompassing cases under TOLATA, boundary disputes and personal injury cases.”
- Re: MG : Brussells II Case. High Court: Representation of the father in proceedings where the main issue was the habitual residence of the children alongside an application to remove from the Jurisdiction.
- Re: L & P : Warship Proceedings; High Court Proceedings where acted for the LA for an injunction under the Inherent Jurisdiction where the risk was risk of sexual harm form association. Issues were relating to Mental Capacity under the Mental Health Capacity Act 2005.
- Re: CG : Representation of the children in International Child Abduction Case.
- Re: S : Care Proceedings; Court of Appeal: Acted for father where allegations of sexual abuse were set against allegations of coaching. The case was appealed to the court of Appeal. Counsel was lead.
- Re: C  Care Proceedings: Representation of the father where father successfully applied to reopen a finding of fact. Counsel was lead.
- Re: M : International Law; Represented of the mother in proceedings for permission to remove a child to a Non Brussels II country.
- Re S : Care Proceedings; High Court; Representation of grandparents in case where the father killed the mother with issues as to where the children should reside and contact with the father.
Chambers and Partners UK Bar 2019
“A real tough cookie.” “She’s fully committed and always looking out for a unique point to get across.”
Chambers and Partners UK Bar 2018
“Tough and tenacious – a real street-fighter, particularly in children cases. She relates extremely well to clients, who like her straight talking.” “She is the one if you need someone to fight for clients.”
Chambers and Partners UK Bar 2017
“A real battler who makes clients feel she’s on their side, and never lets them get steamrollered into something they’re not comfortable with.”
Chambers and Partners UK Bar 2016
“She will fight a client’s corner to the death. You know she will give her all in getting a good outcome.”
- Member of the Northern Irish Bar (2003)
- Member of the Family Bar Association
- Member of the North East Circuit
- Northumbria University at Newcastle upon Tyne
- Law exempting Bar Vocational Course LLB (Hons) 2:1 (Very Competent)