chancery and commercial law
If you require the services of a chancery barrister or a commercial barrister, Dere Street's experienced team of professionals provide excellent and comprehensive services, encompassing advocacy in courts and other tribunals.
Our services include arbitration and mediation, advisory work and drafting (including non-contentious drafting). Our balanced team comprises senior, middle-ranking and junior practitioners, with wide-ranging expertise in a number of specialist areas.
The service you expect from your chancery barrister
In accordance with the Chambers' service standard, written work will be completed and returned within 14 days of receipt of instructions, unless there is an agreement to the contrary. We are, however, happy to accept shorter turnaround times for paperwork to suit the needs of lay or professional clients.
Wide-ranging areas of expertise
Our areas of chancery and commercial expertise include:
- Company law.
- Insolvency (personal and corporate).
- Inheritance Act matters.
- Land law (conveyancing, boundaries, easements and other rights in or over land).
- Landlord and tenant, housing (private and public sector residential tenancies, business tenancies, agricultural tenancies and licences).
- Planning and compulsory purchase.
- Tax (personal and corporate, inheritance tax and VAT).
- Trusts (including co-ownership and trusts of land).
- Wills, probate and succession.
- Commercial contractual disputes.
- Construction and engineering disputes.
Please contact us
Whether you require the services of an experienced commercial barrister or an insolvency barrister, please contact us for advice and advocacy on all aspects of chancery or commercial law .
barristers who practice in chancery and commercial law
- Stephen Fletcher year of call: 1987
- Jonathan Carr year of call: 1990
- Samuel Healy year of call: 1999
- Ruth Gray year of call: 2000
- Paul Wilkinson year of call: 2001
- Anthony Senior year of call: 2002
- Nathan Adams year of call: 2004
- Angharad Davies year of call: 2006
- Timothy Wigglesworth year of call: 2007
- Philip Morgan year of call: 2010
door tenants who practice in chancery and commercial law
- Gordon Lindhorst year of call: 1995